Sunday, September 16, 2007

Week 2 Halftime Report

So most of the games are wrapped up and WOW there's been some surprises. I've updated my spreadsheet to show the to-date records: NFL Week 2 Records. The records are to the right.

How did the Bengals lose to the Browns? My best guess is that they weren't ready for an aggressive passing attack and couldn't make the adjustments to slow them down as the game was an all-out shootout. In fact it was the first since the 70's that each quarterback threw for 5 or more touchdowns in a game. I didn't see the game but I wonder how Leon Hall, the Bengals' most recent first round draft pick (CB out of Michigan), did. Did anyone see this game? Final score: Bengals 45, Browns 51

I had a feeling that the Bucs would come out and win a game to surprise everyone. Too bad they did it when I picked the lagging Saints to not only beat them but cover them a 4 points. Final score: Saints 14, Bucs 31

How about those Texans? Texans 34, Panthers 21
I thought they would win ATS, getting 7 points, but I didn't expect them to win by two touchdowns. I actually feel good about them winning now, they needed their moment for a while now.

I'm watching the Pats-Bolts Sunday night game on ABC. Guess what?? The Chargers just scored their first TD. It's halfway through the 3rd and the score is now 24-7. The Patriots look like they will knock out the Colts in the playoffs.

No comments:

NFL Odds