Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Week 1 RECAP

MNF is all done with now and it's time to recap the week's games and my record ATS (against-the-spread) and SU (straight-up).

ATS: 7-9
SU: 8-8

EDIT: Looking over the lines I decided I would include ties in the ATS record.

So here's the corrected record for the first week:
ATS: 7-7-2
SU: 10-6

And the break down of each game in a spreadsheet can be seen here:

NFL Week 1 Spreadsheet



The first week records leave something to be desired but in the next few days I'll revise my week 2 lines and grade three picks as a 5 star, 4 star and 3 star pick.

I only caught the first game last night and it was close throughout. To say the least, the Bengals got away with one this time. The Ravens were just off cue. They had a whopping 6 turnovers to the Bengals' 2. McGahee was not impressive whatsoever and I'll even go so far as to say that the backup back, Morris I think, ran better against Cincy. Morris would squeeze into tight spots and zoom by before the D reacted while McGahee seemed to be waiting for blocks that never came. Morris' successful run style was best exemplified in his touchdown run near the goal line as he slipped through the trenches and was in the end zone in the blink of an eye. Overall both teams were far from the polished play they're capable of. Palmer wasn't in synch with his receivers nor was as accurate as he usually is. On the same note the Ravens failed to get any offensive attack going and had serious ball security issues.

Early in the week I chose BAL by 3 and the line was giving 3 to BAL so going with BAL ATS and SU was my pick.

I didn't catch the 49ers and Cardinals game but it was a close one. I had the 9ers winning by more than 5 but not 6 (5.5) so I won that game ATS and SU.

No comments:

NFL Odds