Sunday, September 21, 2008

Week 3, just spitting out the quick picks

Last week I went 8-4-2, 8 outright wins, 4 losses and 2 pushes. That sounds like a good week to me!

Well lets just get right to it then...

Atlanta -6 1/2 over Chiefs
Thigpen can't get the job done and Atlanta leads with the yppp stat.

Oakland +10 over Buffalo
I think McFadden keeps the game within 10 with the ground assault.

Tennesee -5 1/2 over Houston
Titans have the higher yppp along with the higher ranking on Sagarin's ranking, outranking Houston by 11 teams.

New York Giants -13 over Cincinnati
The yppp and ranking metrics strongly favor the Giants. New York Giants are also ranked 2 on Sagarin's rankings while Cincy is at 24. I actually bet this one in a parlay, siding with the Bengals. But after this quick look up I'll change my mind. I'm glad this was the last pick I added to a list and only on a 6 team parlay I gambled with. So I'll the Giants with a real good butt kicking on Cincy.

Arizona +3 over Washington
So Washington ranks 15th on the Sagarin ranking while Arizona stands at 17th. Arizona leads the league in yppp with 10.2 (tied with Dallas) while Washington comes in at 7.2. Dr. Bob says that the Redskins are the better team and have had two tough opponents so far. I'll side with the raw stats and take Arizona with a free field goal thrown in.

New England -13 over Miami
Top team in Sagarin's ranking up against team 31, second to last. New England of course has the highest yppp. I'll hope that NE rips apart those Dolphins and amazingly give up the 13.


Chicago -3 over Tampa Bay

Carolina +3 1/2 over Minnesota
Hey, not often that you get a team with a higher yppp and Sagarin ranking and get some points along with that. I love this pick.

St. Louis +10 over Seattle
As bad as the Rams are, those points look pretty good given that the Rams outrank the Seahawks in yppp. The Rams are the bottome of the Sagarin rankings but Seahawks are just 23rd. A close one but I can't up 10 this time.

San Francisco -5 over Detroit.
The yppp stat strongly favors the 9ers. 9ers are 29th while Lions are 30th in Sagarin's rankings so the yppp stat dictates this opinion.

Denver -6 over New Orleans
Neck and neck in yppp, Broncos outrank the Saints markedly in Sagarin's rankings.

Philadelphia 3 1/2 over Pittsburgh

Indianapolis -5 over Jacksonville

Cleveland +3 over Baltimore

Dallas -3 over Green Bay

New York Jets +8 1/2 over San Diego

Good night/good morning...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

Anonymous said...

Why don`t you try to post your picks to this american sports betting forum from this sports betting forum?

NFL Odds